(Last revision: April 6, 2015)
As used in this policy, the terms "using" and "processing" information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Application, Site, services, features and content, to administer your use of the Application and Site (together, the "Service") and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Application and Site. Personally Identifiable Information.
- When you register with us through the Service or when you choose to link Third Party Accounts to your Account, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you or a third party ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, an individual's name, phone number, email address and home and business postal addresses. We collect your name and email address in connection with registration to use the Service. If you choose to link your Account with any Third Party Accounts, we may collect the additional types of Personal Information described above from the User Content contained in such Third Party Accounts. If you opt in to import your mobile device address book via the Service, we may collect the additional types of Personal Information described above from the User Content contained in such address book. We use the Personal Information you provide mainly to provide the Service and administer your inquiries.
- We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and your use of the Service (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own), geolocation information, and individual preferences) ("Non-Identifying Information").
- We use Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non- Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Service and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non- identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine the Personal Information you provide with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Roobiq Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Service is used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Roobiq newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or contact us via email at. firstname.lastname@example.org (See "Changing or Deleting Information," below.)
When you visit the Service, whether as a User or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a "Roobiq User"), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Service, pages of our Service that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Service, access times and dates, and other statistics. From users of the Application, we also collect Log Data such as agent version, platform, SDK version, API key for the Application, Application version, mobile device model, manufacturer and version, access times and dates, time zones and network status.
We use service providers such as Helpshift and Crashlytics to collect, monitor and analyze this information in order to increase our Service's functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor our Service to our visitors' needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Application and Site meet the criteria required to process their requests. Accordingly, Log Data is shared with Helpshift and Crashlytics which have their own privacy policies (accessible at https://www.helpshift.com/privacypolicy/ and http://try.crashlytics.com/terms/) addressing how each party uses such information.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
User Content Sharing. Roobiq will share your User Content (which may include your or third party Personal Information) with your Third Party Accounts or third parties only when you choose to share such User Content via the Service, and in accordance with the selections that you make via the Service. You must have all rights and permissions necessary to share any User Content via the Service. You represent and warrant that no third party has objected to your sharing of such User Content. If any third party does object to your sharing of such User Content through the Service, you will promptly contact Roobiq to remove such User Content.
User Content Syncing. Depending on the selections you make via the Service, you may opt in to automatically sync any edits you make to your User Content that originated from a Third Party Account via the Service with your applicable Third Party Account. To enable this feature of the Service, you may select the sync-related options via the Service, in which case we will push any edited User Content you revise via the Service with the Third Party Account from which such User Content originated.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose
Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain the Personal Information provided by you.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Application and Site- related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Application's and Site's features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Application, Site and Service are used. These third parties have access to Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Roobiq cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Roobiq or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. Roobiq may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Roobiq. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e- mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information provided during registration to use the Service by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your Account in our system, please contact us at email@example.com with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database, or use the delete account button found in the account settings section of the application. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Roobiq is very concerned with safeguarding your information. Roobiq is hosted in a security hardened server environment that uses multiple firewall layers and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access to your data. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. When data is entered or accessed via the Service, we encrypt all information using secure socket layer technology (SSL) to protect all data in transit. We also encrypt sensitive information wherever it is stored on our systems to ensure your data is safe, secure, and available only to your registered account. Your data will be completely inaccessible to other registered users or organizations in our system.
Notification. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site or via the Application in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Vulnerability reporting. If you believe you have discovered a security vulnerability, privately share details of the suspected vulnerability with Roobiq by sending an email to security@Roobiq.com. Provide full details of the suspected vulnerability so the Roobiq team may validate and reproduce the issue.
Security research. Roobiq does not permit the following types of security research:
- Causing, or attempting to cause, a Denial of Service (DoS) condition
- Accessing, or attempting to access, data or information that does not belong to you
- Destroying or corrupting, or attempting to destroy or corrupt, data or information that does not belong to you
No compensation. Roobiq does not compensate people for reporting a security vulnerability, and any requests for such compensation will be considered a violation of the conditions above. In such an event, Roobiq reserves all of its legal rights.
Links to Other Sites
Our Service may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Service is not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
660 4th Street
San Francisco, CA 94107